Teaching kids’ day in and day out is a rewarding career, and many teachers will tell you that they love their job. Teaching is essentially a multitasking job with several requirements of being a parent, a mentor, a guide and what not! It is one of the noblest professions with the onus of developing an individual. The students’ personality, character, attitude, thinking approach and much more is shaped by a teacher. A teacher definitely is an “all-rounder”.
On the other hand, teaching a classroom of kids every day can be quite stressful as it is an iterative process. A teacher needs to teach the same set of chapters and subjects every year. Hence, it might feel very stressful at times. But here are some easy stress busters for teachers to handle stress!
1. Add laughter to the classroom.Laughing is the best way to relieve stress. It makes your body feel better by releasing all those toxins and gives you a rejuvenated mood with alacrity. Cracking jokes with the students at times decrease the student-teacher barrier and create a friendly atmosphere. But remember to get them back to their studies soon!
2. Provide effective discipline measures.Depending on the age of the student, teachers should customize their approach such that he/she can cater to the need of the student. Being too harsh or too easy is not recommended. A perfect blend will create a strict environment during class with a friendly atmosphere which will help in holistic development of the students.
3. Add creative expression in the classroom.When it feels like the classroom is running out of control, an easy movement exercise will help them refocus again. Movement exercises can include standing-sitting, quick-slow breathing, inhale, exhale with eyes closed, or even pin drop silence for a minute or two. These exercises will help them concentrate again.
4. Keep paperwork organized.When students submit their classroom assignments, assessment tests scripts, homework and any other such documents, then its highly recommended to organize them accordingly with roll numbers and keep them in separate stacks. Maintaining a separate sheet when the number is large also helps. All these small things will save time, increase efficiency and reduce stress.
5. Use hand signals.Nothing distracts teachers more than interruptions. The use of hand signals is a popular method among teachers to communicate with students without interrupting the class. Simply have students raise their hands to answer a question as usual. If a student needs to use the bathroom, they can raise their forefinger in the air. Teachers can also come up with their own system, but it works well.
6. Make an attitude adjustment.When you feel yourself becoming stressed in the classroom, try to think of the situation as a challenge. Keep a positive attitude and realize that you cannot control everything that happens in your classroom, but you can react to situations proactively. Students will eventually follow your lead when they are in your room.The future of our world lies in the hands of kids and students of the new generation. Their upbringing hence plays a very crucial role which will define our World and its citizens in the future years to come. Teachers are the pillars of strength upon which their students would build up the future world. So, for all the teachers shaping the tomorrow of Planet Earth, Live life stress-free!Save time, save paper, save energy – Sign up with https://www.vawsum.com